From 1935 until 1941, young men at the Civilian Conservation Corps Camp SP44 in Watkins Glen State Park built park buildings, trails, stonework, bridges, and many other projects.
"Camp SP44 in White’s Hollow closed in 1941 as the nation turned its attention to war. But the camp buildings remained. In 1943, the federal government gave the CCC camp to the state park, which slowly converted it to a group camp for rental. 4-H became the principal tenant in 1946, and it has operated Hidden Valley 4-H Camp there each season since. A large dining hall was built in 1979, additional buildings were constructed, and all but one of the original CCC barracks were replaced by more durable structures." (Quote from our book, A Walk Through Watkins Glen: Water's Sculpture in Stone).
Photo above is from Hidden Valley 4-H Camp Facebook page.